Vegetable Salad with Homemade Italian Dressing
If you’re looking for a salad with a satisfying crunch to it, this Vegetable Salad with Homemade Italian Dressing is your answer. Chock full of fresh veggies and doused in an Italian dressing, bursting with flavor.
- 2 cups broccoli roughly chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup black pitted olives
- 1/4 cup carrots diced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
Homemade Italian Dressing
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper optional
To make the dressing, measure all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously until well blended and emulsified.
In a large bowl combine broccoli, cauliflower, celery, tomatoes, zucchini, green onion, olives, and carrot.
Pour the dressing over top and toss so that all the vegetables are coated.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Toss with bacon just before serving and serve with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Red wine vinegar can be substituted for the white wine vinegar
- The salad can be made the day before and left to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Add seeds or chopped nuts for additional crunch.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 433mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1429IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg