Instant Pot Queso Dip
This instant pot queso dip is the king of all dips! A Tex-Mex classic made with three different kinds of cheese, pico de gallo, and spices. Creamy and thick queso that can be served as an appetizer with some chips, drizzled over some tacos, or a baked potato.
- 1 cup pico de gallo or fresh onions and tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
Add the oil to the instant pot sleeve and press the "saute" function.
Add the pico de gallo, cumin, chili powder, and granulated garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. If you don't have pico de gallo on hand use 1/2 cup onions and 1/2 cup tomatoes.
Add the cream cheese and do not stir. If you stir the cheese will curdle. Press the "cancel" function and then cover the instant pot with the lid and seal the valve. Press the "pressure cook" function and cook for 1 minute.
Once the minute is up, do a quick release and open the lid. Stir the cream cheese and then add the heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Press the "saute function" and stir continuously. Once the queso thickens to your liking, serve it with some chips and enjoy!
- If feeding a crowd, double or triple the recipe.
- You can keep the queso warm in the instant pot for hours with the "keep warm" function.
- If you don't have pico de gallo and don't feel like chopping up onions and tomatoes, simply use a can of rotel tomatoes.
- Like it spicy? Add some jalapenos and more chili powder than the recommended amount.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 931IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 1mg