Frituras de Malanga (Malanga Fritters)
These frituras de malanga (malanga fritters) are super crispy, delicious, and made in under 20 minutes.
- 1 lb malanga (taro root) grated
- 1 tsp Adobo or to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves finely grated
- 1 bunch parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil, for frying
Begin by peeling the taro root vegetables (malanga) and grate them using a box grater. Once the malanga is grated, remove any excess liquid.
Add the grated malanga to a large bowl. Stir in the adobo seasoning, grated garlic, and fresh parsley. Check for seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed. Add the eggs and mix well.
Heat the oil to 325 degrees f. Add 4-5 spoonfuls of malanga mixture into the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or the until the outside is crispy and the inside is fully cooked through.
Remove the fritters from the oil and place them on a lined plate with a paper towel. Let it cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
- If you want them super crispy, flatten them a bit.
- Incorporate some finely diced onions for extra flavor or green chilies to make them spicy.
- Don't have fresh garlic? Use granulated garlic instead.
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 282IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg