Chocolate Banana Bread
This chocolate banana bread is super moist, chocolaty, and delicious. The absolute best way to use up those overripe bananas!
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas using a whisk or fork. Add the eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and sour cream. Mix well.
Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix until well combined but don't overmix. Fold in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Top it off with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 55-60 minutes.
Let it cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing into it. Enjoy!
- Use room temperature eggs and room temperature sour cream.
- Don't overmix the batter and don't overbake.
- Let the unsalted melted butter cool slightly before mixing it into the batter.
- Make sure the brown sugar isn't hard. It should be super soft!
Calories: 735kcal | Carbohydrates: 93g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 59g | Vitamin A: 732IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 5mg