Lemon Blueberry Danish
These delicious lemon blueberry danish are light and flaky filled with a cream cheese filling. Made with simple ingredients in under 40 minutes!
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp lemon zest or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla extract, lemon zest, sugar, and salt. Mix until well combined. Taste it and add more sugar or lemon zest if needed.
Cut each puff pastry sheet into 8 small squares. Two sheets of puff pastry should give you 16 squares.
Place the small triangles on a baking sheet and add about 1-2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture to the center of each triangle. Make sure to leave about a 1/2 inch border around the edges. Top the cream cheese with fresh blueberries.
To make the egg wash, whisk 1 egg and 1 tbsp of water. Brush the edges with egg wash. Bake for 15 minutes.
Top the danishes with powdered sugar and serve warm!
- Add as many or as few blueberries as you want! You can also use blueberry jam instead of fresh fruit.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened at room temperature otherwise it'll be difficult to mix.
- Traditionally danishes are drizzled with glaze but I prefer topping them with powdered sugar.
- To make a quick glaze, simply mix 1 cup of powdered sugar and 3 tbsp of milk.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg