This popular egg boil recipe recently went viral on TikTok and for good reason! This dish is made with hard-boiled eggs, butter, spices, garlic, and onions. One of the easiest and tastiest recipes.
- 6 eggs hard boiled
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning or to taste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the butter to a large skillet and let it melt completely over medium heat.
Stir in the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the eggs and cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently.
Season generously with salt and pepper and then add the hard-boiled eggs. Cook for 1 minute and enjoy!
- I highly recommend using unsalted butter and seasoning it with salt and pepper otherwise the sauce can be a little too salty.
- Avoid overcooking the eggs.
- If you don't see your favorite spices listed in the recipe, feel free to add them. You can season the sauce to your liking.
- Once the eggs are done boiling, place them in an ice-water bath or run them under cold water.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 850IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg