This instant pot pizza pasta is made with sweet sausage, pepperoni, black olives, cheese, and a delicious sauce. A definite crowd-pleaser that will impress the entire family!
In case you’re new here, we love instant pot recipes! So easy, convenient, and it cooks so quickly. I mean pasta cooked in 3 minutes? Come on! This pizza pasta was absolutely delicious and if you don’t own an instant pot, no worries, you may certainly cook this on the stovetop.
– Penne Pasta – You can use any short pasta of your choice. – Crushed Tomatoes- Please use canned. – Pepperoni – Pork or turkey pepperoni works. – Black Olives – Sweet Sausage – ground sausage works best for this recipe.
– Granulated Garlic – Italian Seasoning – Red Crushed Pepper – optional – Ground Onion – Fresh Garlic – Oil – Salt and Pepper – Water – Sugar – optional but helps balance the acidity from the tomatoes. – Mozzarella Cheese – use any kind of cheese you prefer.
1. Add the oil to a pot and heat over medium-high heat. Add the ground sausage and onions, cook until the sausage is browned completely. 2. Stir in the red crushed pepper, granulated garlic, ground onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Stir in the crushed tomatoes and sugar. Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium-low heat. While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to packaging instructions.
4. Add the pasta to the sauce and check for seasoning. Place it in a casserole dish and cover it with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Broil it for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.
Did you find this post delicious? Please share it to your family and friends!