This instant pot pizza pasta is made with sweet sausage, pepperoni, black olives, cheese, and a delicious sauce. A definite crowd-pleaser that will impress the entire family!
In case you’re new here, we love instant pot recipes! So easy, convenient, and it cooks so quickly. I mean pasta cooked in 3 minutes? Come on! This pizza pasta was absolutely delicious and if you don’t own an instant pot, no worries, you may certainly cook this on the stovetop.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need
- Penne Pasta – You can use any short pasta of your choice.
- Crushed Tomatoes- Please use canned.
- Pepperoni – Pork or turkey pepperoni works.
- Black Olives
- Sweet Sausage – ground sausage works best for this recipe.
- Granulated Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Red Crushed Pepper – optional
- Ground Onion
- Fresh Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Sugar – optional but helps balance the acidity from the tomatoes.
- Mozzarella Cheese – use any kind of cheese you prefer.
Top Tips For The Perfect Instant Pot Pizza Pasta
- I highly recommend adding all of your favorite pizza toppings. If you love mushrooms and peppers, add it.
- Do not overcook the pasta, 3 minutes is plenty.
- Don’t forget to de glaze the pot by scraping the bits off of the bottom with your spoon after adding the tomato sauce. This will prevent a burn notice from occurring.
- Use an 8 qt instant pot.
How To Make On The Stovetop
You don’t need an instant pot to make this delicious hearty instant pot pizza pasta. Here’s how you make it on the stovetop:
- Add the oil to a pot and heat over medium-high heat. Add the ground sausage and onions, cook until the sausage is browned completely.
- Stir in the red crushed pepper, granulated garlic, ground onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and sugar. Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium-low heat. While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to packaging instructions.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and check for seasoning. Place it in a casserole dish and cover it with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Broil it for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.
What Can I Serve This With?
Although this is delicious on its own, you can certainly serve this with cheesy garlic bread and tomato avocado salad.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Instant Pot Pizza Pasta
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 lb sweet sausage ground
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp ground onion
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 3 cups water
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes canned
- 1/4 tsp sugar optional
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 6-8 slices mozzarella cheese or 1 cup shredded
- 10 slices pepperoni
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Press the "saute" function on your instant pot and add oil. Add the ground sausage and break it up using a wooden spoon. Add the onions and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the sausage is completely browned.
- Add the red crushed pepper, granulated garlic, ground onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and sugar, mix well. Add the penne pasta, do not mix. Pour the water over the pasta and press the pasta down using a spoon. Press the "cancel" function place the lid on top, and seal the valve. Press the "pressure cook" function and cook for 3 minutes.
- Once the 3 minutes are up, do a quick release and open the lid once all of the steam is released. Stir the pasta and check for seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices and place the lid on top. Press the "saute" function and cook with the lid on for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts completely. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a Reply