The Super Bowl is fast approaching and I wanted to share a recipe that can be cut into bite-sized pieces and shared amongst a large crowd. Yes, eggrolls can definitely be cut into 2-3 pieces without falling apart. So let’s talk about these chicken avocado eggrolls. My mom used to take my brother and me to this chain restaurant when we were kids that served these delicious “Southwestern Eggrolls”.
I went to this restaurant a couple of months ago to have margaritas with a friend and we ordered egg rolls and chicken wings and boy did it bring back childhood memories. The egg rolls, not the booze of course. Although I don’t really care for their main entrees, their southwestern egg rolls are so so good. The only difference with these is that I used egg roll wrappers and I believe they use flour tortillas.
I just thought using egg roll wrappers would give them a crunchier exterior and I was right. These took about 25-30 minutes to make and I served them with buttermilk ranch. I promise that these taste just as good as the southwestern rolls if not better because they’re crispier.
These are the ingredients you’ll need. As you can see, all very yummy 🙂
Don’t be stingy with the seasoning. Season the chicken on both sides.
You may grill or fry the chicken.
All white meat
Taste and check for seasoning, you may even add a little hot sauce just make sure that the mixture is on the drier side so it doesn’t leak while it fries.
Chicken Avocado Eggrolls
Quick, simple and easy to make egg roll recipe that makes for perfect appetizers at a game-day party or fun backyard get together.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup canned black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Eggroll wrappers
- Buttermilk ranch (for dipping)
- Season the chicken on both sides with oregano, cumin, chili, and salt.
- Grill chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet with some olive oil and cook the onions and red bell peppers for about 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the skillet along with the drained and rinsed beans, corn, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Check for seasoning and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Place a slice of cheese (you may use shredded) on the egg roll wrapper then top it off with 2-3 tbsp of chicken mixture and 2 avocado cubes.
- Fold the egg roll wrapper and fry them in vegetable or canola oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with buttermilk ranch, lime, and enjoy!