My cousin Jessica made a very similar dish to this one and when she posted it on Instagram I instantly shared the photo with my followers. It looked so good. In fact, some of them even requested a recipe. So here it is. My recipe is a bit different. I wanted to add a lot of garlic. I was thinking of adding mushrooms but then I thought there would be too many things going on. This is already a very filling meal.
I served it with white basmati rice to soak in the garlic cream sauce. I like the sauce really thick and the longer you cook it the thicker it becomes. If you’re afraid of overcooking the salmon and shrimp you can let the sauce thicken to your liking first and then add the salmon and shrimp.
I also had a glass of Chardonnay. I would certainly make this again. I’ve already made it 4 times 🙂
Some mashed potatoes or basmati rice would be perfect to serve with this.
Creamy Garlic Salmon and Shrimp
Creamy and delicious salmon and shrimp cooked in a garlic cream sauce. This tuscan inspired seafood dish is versatile and can be served with the starch of your choice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 people
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb salmon
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tsp red crush pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil (for frying)
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season salmon and shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook the salmon for 3-4 minutes on each side skin side down.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet and remove any excess oil leaving about 2 tbsp in the skillet and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and red crushed pepper, cook for 20 seconds.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the white wine and reduce by half. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon back in the skillet along with the shrimp and spinach.
- Cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and the shrimp and salami are completely cooked.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!