This is hands down my favorite chicken noodle soup of all time. I like adding hot sauce and lime, sometimes a bit of cilantro. But I wanted to keep it as close as possible to how my grandmother makes hers. My grandmother would never add hot sauce or cilantro to her chicken soup but I occasionally do.
This soup and 1/2 of a Cuban sandwich will make anybody’s day. If you’ve ever been to Miami then you must have had Cuban chicken noodle soup at some point. Whenever I go to visit my family in Florida this is what I mostly eat, Cuban chicken soup and Cuban sandwiches because they sell them on almost every corner. Oh and ham croquettes and Cuban coffee in the mornings after a long jog on the beach? Yes!Print
Cuban Chicken Noodle Soup
This Cuban chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food. Pair with half of a Cuban sandwich or a classic grilled cheese for a delicious comfort food combo.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Total Time: 105 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Cuban
- 3 quarts of water
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken seasoned to taste with adobo or poultry seasoning
- 3 potatoes
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pieces ears corn chopped into 4
- 2 tbsp sofrito
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with poultry seasoning or adobo.
- Pour the water in a large pot, place the seasoned chicken in the water and cook for 45 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, remove the fat, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the chicken back in the pot along with the corn, carrots, garlic, and potatoes.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon powder, sofrito, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Add the angel hair pasta and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Check for seasoning, serve with lime, and enjoy!