I ate this a lot growing up. My grandmother would season the beef and sometimes ham with lots of sazon, adobo, sofrito, bay leaves, fresh garlic, you name it. You can call this anything you’d like except for bland. This is incredibly flavorful. Your taste buds will scream.
It’s not supposed to be saucy it’s supposed to be a tad bit on the dry side or maybe I remember it that way because my grandmother would have to call me a million times before dinner.
Do not omit the capers out of fear. They add so much flavor.
Delicious Cuban spaghetti with the most flavorful meat sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 people
- Cuisine: Cuban
- 1/2 lb Spaghetti
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 small Onion
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Sazon
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 3 tbsp Capers or Olives
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Brown the beef completely over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, peppers, garlic, tomato paste, bay leaves, Sazon, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add dry white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Check for seasoning.
- Discard the bay leaves and add the capers.
- Stir in the spaghetti and serve immediately!