The first time I roasted chicken I sprinkled a little bit of salt and pepper, made a honey and soy sauce glaze and that was pretty much it. It was ok but I knew it needed some extra TLC. I combined a few spices seasoned the chicken all over and then I made the honey soy glaze, After that, I never looked back.
This continues being one of my all-time favorite recipes.
Spicy Honey Baked Chicken
Servings: 5 servings
This chicken is spicy and sweet with the right blend of spices. Try them at your next game-day party or fun backyard get together!
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs with cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes
- While the chicken is baking mix honey and soy sauce
- After 30 minutes brush the chicken with some of the honey soy sauce
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 289mg | Potassium: 273mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @cookedbyjulie or tag #cookedbyjulie!
Donna Brannon says
This recipe is so good. Taste like sweet Chinese chicken!! I made with large breast. Broiled them at the end to crisp them up!! Spicy for sure!! So if you don’t like spicy go easy on cayenne…….