The first time I roasted chicken I sprinkled a little bit of salt and pepper, made a honey and soy sauce glaze and that was pretty much it. It was ok but I knew it needed some extra TLC. I combined a few spices seasoned the chicken all over and then I made the honey soy glaze, After that, I never looked back.
This continues being one of my all-time favorite recipes.
Spicy Honey Baked Chicken
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs with cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes
- While the chicken is baking mix honey and soy sauce
- After 30 minutes brush the chicken with some of the honey soy sauce
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
- Serve and enjoy!