Cooked by Julie has been compensated for this post by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaFusion #CollectiveBias #sponsored
The cold weather is fast approaching and a big bowl of spaghetti is comfort at it’s best on a cold snowy day. I seasoned the beef with taco seasoning to spice things up. I also added jalapenos, garlic, onions, hot sauce, fresh lime, etc. I also added some sour cream and it was delicious. Of course, I topped it off with a 3 cheese blend and served it with extra lime.
I absolutely loved this taco style spaghetti. I love Barilla spaghetti and their marinara sauce. I grew up on it, so when Barilla reached out to me to work together it was a no-brainer. I hope you cook the spaghetti al dente and use all these fresh ingredients I listed to make the most amazing taco style spaghetti.
Taco Style Spaghetti
- 3/4 lb Barilla spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar Barilla Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Tex Mex cheese blend
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid bowl.
- While the water comes to a boil, heat a separate large pan with high sides over medium-low heat, add onions and jalapeños and cook until translucent.
- Add fresh minced garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add the beef and cook until fully browned, season with taco seasoning, hot sauce, and fresh lime.
- Add the Barilla marinara sauce, lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and check for seasoning.
- Add the spaghetti to the large pot of water and cook according to packaging instructions.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in the meat sauce and mix until well combined.
- Add the cheese on top, cover, and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with extra lime and hot sauce if desired, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply