These lemon ricotta pancakes are light, fluffy, and simple to make. Loaded with lemon zest and ricotta cheese, then topped off with butter and maple syrup. The ultimate breakfast or brunch option.
Some of my other breakfast favorites include buttermilk Belgian waffles and French toast.
If you want pancakes that aren’t too sweet, with a touch of lemon and ricotta, I got you covered! This is a fail-proof pancake recipe that will impress your friends and family.
Why I Love These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Super soft, decadent, and perfectly fluffy.
- You can use this exact recipe to make plain pancakes instead. Simply omit the lemon and ricotta cheese and you’ll have the most amazingly delicious buttermilk pancakes.
- The batter is perfectly thick. You don’t want it to be too runny otherwise the pancakes won’t rise enough.
- Fresh Lemon Zest – You won’t need any lemon juice or lemon extract. Lemon zest is where it’s at! It’s super potent and will give you that intense lemon flavor. Use organic fresh lemons if your budget allows.
- Ricotta Cheese – While full-fat ricotta cheese is ideal, feel free to use low-fat ricotta cheese if you wish.
Top Tips And Flavor Variations
- The pancakes are ready to flip when you see bubbles and the edges drying up. Flip the pancakes only once.
- To get perfect pancakes every single time, start by pouring the batter in the center of the nonstick griddle.
- These lemon ricotta pancakes are perfect for freezing. Just make sure to cook the pancakes and let them cool completely before freezing. Use parchment paper in between each pancake so they don’t stick together and then place them in a freezer bag.
- Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and lots of butter!
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar
- butter for griddle
- Warm up some butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until well incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve with powdered sugar, butter, maple syrup and enjoy!
Easy pancakelicious recipe!