Easiest French Toast Recipe! No need for challah bread or heavy cream. Just whip out a few slices of white bread, milk, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla. No need for any fancy ingredients.
French Toast is one of those recipes that can be made for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Man, do I love French Toast. I know challah bread is perfect for making French Toast, but I’m one of those people that never have it on hand. That’s why I love this recipe. Easy and calls for ingredients you most likely have on hand.
You may have seen millions of French Toast recipes floating around the internet but I promise you, you will love this one.
What to serve French Toast with?
Bacon, eggs, fruit, coffee, orange juice, you decide. My favorite way to serve French Toast? Warm maple syrup, very little powdered sugar, and softened butter.
Try these delicious Tres Leches French Toast…
- 6-8 white bread slices
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- butter for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add some butter.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Cook bread slices for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned on both sides.
- Enjoy with butter and warm maple syrup!