The easiest and most comforting bowl of instant pot beef stew! The only beef stew recipe you will need this winter.
This instant pot beef stew is the easiest and most delicious recipe ever. What makes this super delicious? I’m going to go with the 10 cloves of garlic and the generous sprinkling of red crushed pepper. Don’t get upset but I didn’t have red wine so I used white instead. I may receive a lot of slack for that but it’s okay because this turned out fantastic.
I’m so happy with this instant pot, probably the best investment I made in 2017. I got on the instant pot bandwagon a little late, unfortunately.
Tips for the perfect Beef Stew
Season the beef on all sides with kosher salt and pepper
Coat the beef with flour and sear on both sides
Add lots of fresh garlic and fresh rosemary
Add a cornstarch slurry to thicken it up nicely
What to serve this delicious instant pot beef stew with?
Crusty Italian bread
White fluffy rice
Check out these other delicious instant pot recipes:
Instant Pot Beef Stew
The quickest and easiest garlicky instant pot beef stew! You won’t need any other beef stew recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lb beef cubes
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup potatoes
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 5 whole garlic cloves
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tbsp red crushed pepper, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the saute function on your instant pot and add some oil.
- Season the beef on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat the beef with all purpose flour.
- Place the beef in the instant pot and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
- Add the shallots, minced garlic, red crushed pepper, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- Add the wine and reduce by half.
- Place the beef back in the pot along with the carrots, potatoes, garlic cloves, rosemary, and chicken stock.
- Close the lid, seal the valve, and press the meat stew function.
- Release the steam before opening the lid.
- To make the cornstarch slurry combine the water and cornstarch.
- Stir in the cornstarch slurry and press the saute function.
- Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes uncovered.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the green peas, garnish with parsley, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4 servings
Keywords: instant pot beef stew