Tomato Basil Shrimp is an easy low carb, keto friendly, and gluten-free meal.
This is the perfect weeknight meal when the last thing you want to do is prepare dinner after a long day. If you’re a shrimp fanatic you will make this recipe at least once a week. This tomato basil shrimp can be served with a side salad and some steamed vegetables but you can also, of course, serve it with garlic bread, pasta, or white fluffy rice. I suggest using fresh ingredients for this recipe, fresh basil, and fresh garlic is key.
I used grape tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and lots of fresh garlic. Lots.
More Easy Meals
Tomato and Basil Shrimp
Servings: 2 servings
This quick and easy tomato and basil shrimp recipe is a great introduction to your busy week.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the grape tomatoes lengthwise and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and red crushed pepper and cook for an additional 20 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and fresh basil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Check for seasoning and serve immediately.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 571mg | Sodium: 2375mg | Potassium: 1201mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1910IU | Vitamin C: 57.8mg | Calcium: 515mg | Iron: 10.2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @cookedbyjulie or tag #cookedbyjulie!
Leave a Reply