Succulent juicy shrimp cooked in a delicious tomato, garlic, and basil sauce. This easy meal is low carb, keto friendly, and gluten-free.
This is the perfect weeknight meal when the last thing you want to do is prepare dinner after a long day. If you’re a shrimp fanatic you will make this recipe at least once a week. This can be served with a side salad and some steamed vegetables but you can also, of course, serve it with garlic bread, pasta, or white fluffy rice. I suggest using fresh ingredients for this recipe, fresh basil, and fresh garlic is key.
I used grape tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and lots of fresh garlic. Lots.
This quick and easy tomato and basil shrimp recipe is a great introduction to your busy week.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the grape tomatoes lengthwise and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the fresh garlic and red crushed pepper and cook for an additional 20 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and fresh basil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Check for seasoning and serve immediately.