Avocado Chicken Salad – baked juicy chicken, fresh avocados, boiled eggs, scallions, and cheddar cheese tossed in a homemade lemon vinaigrette. This delicious salad is low carb and will still knock your socks off!
Summer is fast approaching and I had to share a delicious salad recipe, but not just any salad. I wanted to share something that tastes just as good as a bowl of Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta. Other than this salad, Paneer Salad happens to be one of my all time favorites.
Although, this is low carb and keto friendly it is unbelievably satisfying. Make sure you use fresh ingredients and you’re good to go. Don’t feel like cooking your own chicken? Use store-bought rotisserie chicken.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD
The easiest and most delicious salad you will ever prepare, this is all you have to do:
- Brush the chicken with some olive oil and season on both sides with salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, and granulated garlic.
- Bake for 22 minutes at 400 degrees F or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and salt.
- Slice the cooked chicken, eggs, and avocados in bite-size pieces.
- Combine the chicken, eggs, avocados, scallions, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
- Stir in the lemon vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Easy Lemon Vinaigrette
Vinaigrette – a mixture of olive oil with something acidic like lemon juice or vinegar. What I love most about this vinaigrette is the fact that its low carb. Sure you may add some honey or sugar if you’d like but I don’t find that necessary.
To make this easy lemon vinaigrette all you have to do is combine some olive oil, fresh lemon juice, dijon mustard, and salt. Shake it up really well before adding it to the salad.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Baked chicken – Season and cook your own chicken or use store-bought cooked chicken
- boiled eggs
- cheddar cheese
- ripe avocados
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To This Salad?
Crispy Bacon – Bacon goes great with this salad especially if you’re on a low carb diet.
Corn – If you’re not on a low carb diet, corn goes great with this salad and adds a touch of sweetness
Cranberries – I love cranberries in salads and think it would go perfectly with this salad.
Other Summer Favorites You’ll Enjoy:
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- pinch of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 boiled eggs
- 1 scallion
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and season on both sides with granulated garlic, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- To prepare the lemon vinaigrette, combine the olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and salt in a small jar and shake well.
- Slice the cooked chicken, avocados, and boiled eggs into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the sliced avocados, chicken, eggs, scallions, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
- Stir in some of the lemon vinaigrette and serve immediately.
If you're not on a low carb diet feel free to use honey mustard or honey instead of dijon mustard.