This air fryer carne asada recipe consists of skirt steak marinated in oil, spices, and lime juice. Enjoy this juicy meat on salads, fajitas, burritos, or on its own!
I pretty much love any type of meat but skirt steak is one of my favorites! It’s a great cut of beef that isn’t too expensive but still tender. You may certainly season it with just salt and pepper but the brown sugar, lime juice, and spices make it extra special. Super flavorful!
Lime – A must! If you have a lemon on hand, that works too.
Brown Sugar – I like it a tad bit sweet but feel free to omit the brown sugar.
Skirt Steak – Flank steak or any type of steak works!
Top Tips For The Ultimate Air Fryer Carne Asada
- I know in most carne asada recipes it is common to use fresh garlic and cilantro. Fresh herbs and fresh garlic burn quickly so I would avoid it for this recipe.
- Season generously with Kosher salt and fresh black pepper on both sides.
- Make sure to cut the steak against the grain and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing into it.
- Let the steak sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before cooking it.
- You can marinate it overnight for extra flavor!
- Feel free to season the steak with steak seasoning or chipotle seasoning instead.
How Long Do I Cook It For?
I cooked it 5 minutes total for medium-rare. 3 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other side. For medium-well, cook for 4 minutes on each side. For well done, cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
What Can I Serve This With?
I like to serve it with grilled tortillas, cilantro-lime rice, and Mexican corn salad.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Air Fryer Carne Asada
- air fryer
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, paprika, cumin, oregano, lime juice, garlic powder, and brown sugar.
- Pat the skirt steak dry on both sides using paper towels. Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the steak and rub it on both sides.
- Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick spray and preheat for 3 minutes at 370 degrees F.
- Place the skirt steak in the air fryer and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the steak over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Cover the steak with aluminum foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into it. Enjoy!
- Slice the skirt steak in half to fit your air fryer basket.
- If the steak is a bit too rare for your liking, place it back into the air fryer and cook for a couple of extra minutes.
Leave a Reply