This instant pot cilantro lime rice is a quick and easy side dish that can be served with almost anything. Enjoy this with ribs, steak, or veggies. You can make a big batch of this and have it on hand to make burritos, tacos, etc!
This is one of the easiest instant pot recipes you will ever make! Say bye to that rice cooker you’ve had for years and say hello to pressure cooked rice. You will never cook rice any other way. I used Jasmine rice for this recipe but feel free to use long grain rice instead. Do not use instant rice.
Should I Rinse Rice?
If you’re using jasmine rice I recommend not rinsing it. If the package indicates to rinse it, then please do so.
Should I use Cold or Hot Water?
I always use cold water when adding it to raw rice. Unless if a recipe calls for boiling water. If the recipe doesn’t call for boiling water then I recommend always using cold water.
How Much Salt?
1 tsp of salt per 1 cup of rice is standard but you can of course season it to taste.
Let the rice cool completely and place it in an air-tight container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days. The trick is to refrigerate it as soon as possible. To speed up the cooling process, simply place the rice on a lined baking sheet and spread it into a thin layer.
What to do With Leftovers?
You can make some easy fried rice the following day but I highly doubt you’ll have any leftovers!
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup Jasmine rice unrinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely minced
- Add the rice, water, olive oil, and 1 tsp salt to the instant pot sleeve and cover with the lid.
- Seal the valve and press the "pressure cook" function, cook for 4 minutes.
- Once the 4 minutes are up, let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Carefully open the lid and mix the rice using a fork.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Enjoy warm!