I’m going to show you how to make the most delicious baked spicy popcorn chicken bites! These were super crispy, spicy, and served with a side of honey mustard. Enjoy these with tomato avocado salad or as an appetizer.
The first time I made these spicy popcorn chicken bites, I fried them. Although delicious, I found that they darkened a little too quickly for my liking. I decided to bake them instead and they were just as crispy and delicious. You are seriously going to love these. I mean who doesn’t like crispy chicken? The inspiration for this recipe came from these , chicharron de pollo.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Kosher Salt
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cooking Spray
How to Make
- Make the brine – combine 2 cups of room temperature water and 2 tbsp of Kosher salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the chicken to the brine – let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes in the salt-water brine. This will tenderize the chicken and add flavor.
- Season the chicken with granulated garlic, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Season the panko breadcrumbs with paprika, salt, and chili powder.
- Dip the chicken in the eggs and then coat each piece with the seasoned breadcrumbs. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray. Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 450 degrees F. or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Serve with honey mustard or sweet chili sauce. Homemade or-store bought is fine. These are really spicy and I highly recommend a sweet dip.
Do I Have To Flip These?
No. Although you can flip these halfway during the cooking process, I just baked these for 10 minutes and they were perfect. No flipping necessary.
Can I Freeze These Spicy Popcorn Chicken Bites?
Absolutely! Once you’re done cooking these, simply let them cool down completely and place them in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Go ahead and give these baked spicy chicken popcorn a try, then let me know in the comments below how you liked them! You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Baked Spicy Popcorn Chicken
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups water room temperature
- 2 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- cooking spray
- Add 2 cups of water and 2 tbsp of Kosher salt to a large bowl and mix well.
- Trim any fat from the chicken breasts and slice them into 1/2 inch pieces. Place the chicken pieces into the salt water and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes are up, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Discard the salt water and pat dry the chicken with a paper towel. Season the chicken with granulated garlic, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Season the panko bread crumbs with paprika, salt, and chili powder. Dip the chicken in the eggs and then coat it with the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray, and bake for 10 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees f.