This easy tomato avocado salad is the ultimate summer meal! Made with ripe avocados, tomatoes, red onions, lemon, and olive oil!
One of the best things about this tomato avocado salad is that it’s so simple to make! If I had to choose one salad to eat for the rest of my life, this would be it. I can’t get enough of tomatoes and avocados. As long as they’re generously salted, I am a happy camper. What I love most about this salad is that it’s light and super refreshing.
Everything you could ask for in a summer salad! As far as the dressing goes, simple is best here. I used a lemon and oil combo and seasoned it with lots of salt and pepper. Don’t have lemons? Use limes instead! Don’t like lemons or limes? Some olive oil with a splash of balsamic vinegar works just as good.
I received amazing feedback on my Avocado Chicken Salad so I decided to do another similar salad recipe. If you liked that salad then you will love this one! I found this amazing article that shows you exactly how to identify a ripe tomato. Make sure you use ripe avocados and tomatoes and of course a juicy lemon!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Tomato Avocado Salad
- Start with ripe avocados, cut them into bite-sized pieces and then squeeze the lemon juice over it. That will prevent the avocados from turning brown.
- Cut the onions and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces and mix it in with the avocados. Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil over the salad and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the fresh cilantro and enjoy!
If the outdoor temperature is higher than 85 degrees F. Food shouldn’t be unrefrigerated for more than 2 hours.
Other Delicious Summer Recipes You’ll Love:
Tomato Avocado Salad
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup red onions
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados into bite sized pieces and squeeze the lemon juice over it.
- Cut the tomatoes and onions and toss them gently with the avocados.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the cilantro and enjoy!
- Use ripe avocados for this recipe.
- Toss this salad gently.