How great are these for those who dislike pork? I made these from scratch except for the coleslaw 🙂 Feel free to use store-bought rotisserie chicken and even store-bought BBQ sauce but homemade BBQ sauce is so delicious and easy to make if you have all of the ingredients at home. I definitely suggest making the BBQ sauce from scratch.
Potato slider buns are almost mandatory. They’re so soft. A soft slider bun is what makes these little sandwiches a hit.
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders
- 2.5 lbs bone in chicken
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice and zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp granulated garlic, and 1/8 tsp chili powder.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let the chicken cool a bit and then shred using two forks.
- Place the shredded chicken in a bowl, add remaining seasoning if needed and set aside.
- To make the BBQ sauce stir the ketchup, orange juice and zest, fresh minced garlic cloves, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, chicken stock, and salt to taste in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook for 20 minutes or until the BBQ sauce thickens.
- Place the shredded chicken in the saucepan along with the BBQ sauce, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve on potato slider buns and top with coleslaw if desired.