A hearty delicious meal! These cheesy beef enchiladas will become a favorite at your house.
Enchiladas are a favorite meal at my house. Perfectly seasoned ground beef and homemade red enchilada sauce? Perfection. You can use any kind of filling and that’s what makes enchiladas so much fun and versatile. Sneak some vegetables in there if you’d like.
You can make the red enchilada sauce ahead of time and then whip these enchiladas up on a weeknight.
You can certainly omit the sliced black olives but the lime and hot sauce are almost required here.
Try these delicious seafood enchiladas…
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 ounces canned green chilies
- 1/4 cup adobo sauce + 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 corn tortillas
- 3 cups Colby jack cheddar cheese
- 6 cups Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook the onions until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook until completely browned.
- Add the cumin, oregano, granulated onion, granulated garlic, paprika, tomato paste, green chilies, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 25 minutes or until the beef is fork tender.
- Fry the corn tortillas for 10 seconds on each side.
- Dip the corn tortillas in the enchilada sauce.
- To assemble, spread 3-4 tbsp of beef and 1-2 tbsp of cheese down the center of each tortilla.
- Wrap the tortillas tightly and then top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Add sliced black olive if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese completely melts.
- Serve with lime, hot sauce, and yellow rice, if desired, and enjoy!