Beefaroni is a childhood classic and my food blog wouldn’t be complete without a beefaroni recipe. Perfect for busy weeknights and the kiddos will love it.
Welcome to my personal version of kid-approved Beefaroni recipe. I wanted to share a simple beefaroni recipe. No wine, crushed red pepper, or basil. Super basic. I want this to be your kid’s favorite recipe. Yours too!
I did add two cups of shredded cheddar cheese and it just made it creamy. It won’t resemble baked ziti at all. Nothing wrong with baked ziti but not what we’re going for. Speaking of baked ziti, this baked ziti with spinach is absolutely delicious.
The only ingredients I couldn’t leave out were onions and garlic. I know picky eaters aren’t big fans of onions but sautéed onions and garlic are just too good to leave out.
What can you substitute the beef with?
Don’t like beef? Add a bunch of vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, and peppers. I understand it’s called beefaroni for a reason but you may certainly add or omit anything you want.
Check out these other delicious pasta recipes:
Make this delicious beefaroni in under 30 minutes. Your family will love this recipe.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- 1 lb ziti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- cook the onions with some olive oil over medium-low heat until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the beef and brown it completely.
- Season the beef with granulated garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, water, and sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked ziti and cheddar cheese.
- Serve immediately.
If you don’t want to add fresh onions, use granulated onion instead.
- Serving Size: 4 servings