This cheesy garlic bread recipe is the perfect companion for a pasta dinner night! The perfect amount of cheese and garlic makes this side dish irresistible.
This right here is my favorite bread in the entire world. Cheese and garlic. Simple. This goes with everything. Pasta, turkey, you name it. Serve me a taco and a piece of cheesy bread and I won’t even question it. A slice of chocolate cake and a piece of cheesy garlic bread? Bring it on.
Best part? It is so simple to make. Of course, we’re not going to make the bread from scratch. Why would we do that? Buy a loaf of bread, prepare some softened garlic butter, add the cheese mixture, and throw it in the oven. That simple.
How Do You Make Cheesy Garlic Bread
The first thing you want to do is preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the unsalted butter, fresh garlic, salt, and fresh parsley. You may use salted butter if you have it on hand. Slice the bread in half using a serrated knife. Spread the butter mixture on the French bread and then finally top it off with mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and oregano. Place it on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.
Recipe Variations and Top Tips
- I used mozzarella and cheddar cheese but feel free to use a blend of fontina, provolone, freshly grated parmesan cheese and etc.
- Serve this with a side of marinara sauce.
- Assemble the bread hours in advance and bake it when you’re ready to serve.
- If you want to spice things up a bit, add some sliced jalapenos on top.
This is one of the easiest recipes you will find on my blog. Make this garlic cheese bread for your next get together, especially game-day. It will be a hit, guaranteed!
More Bread Recipes You’ll Love:
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Bread
- 4 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, chopped garlic, parsley, and salt.
- Slice the bread in half.
- Smear the bread with the prepared butter.
- Add the mozzarella, cheddar, and oregano.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese completely melts.