These brigadeiros are made with cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk mixture that’s shaped into balls and rolled in sprinkles. A popular traditional Brazilian dessert that is easy to prepare and makes for an impressive dessert for any occasion!
ARE THESE TRUFFLES?
Unlike traditional truffles, brigadeiros lack a firm outer shell. Instead, they have a softer consistency that’s incredibly rich and super fudgy.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Requires only four ingredients!
- These are perfect for gifting.
- They’re chocolaty, fudgy, and soft!
- You can make these 2-3 days in advance.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Adds sweetness and helps make the mixture moldable.
- Cocoa Powder – I highly recommend using good quality unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe. The better the quality, the tastier the brigadeiros will turn out.
- Butter – You’ll need butter for the recipe and to grease your hands to roll the balls.
- Sprinkles – If you’re not a fan of sprinkles, feel free to roll the brigadeiros in cocoa powder, coconut flakes, or crushed nuts instead.
A helpful tip for making brigadeiros even easier to handle is to grease the spoon before scooping out the chocolate mixture and also greasing your hands before rolling the balls. This technique prevents the sticky mixture from sticking to the spoon and your hands.
Place any leftovers in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. When you’re ready to enjoy them, allow them to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before eating. These taste best at room temperature.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY…
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1 tablespoon butter plus more for greasing hands and spoon
- chocolate or rainbow sprinkles
- Add one tablespoon of butter to a saucepan and allow it to melt.
- Once the butter melts, add the sweetened condensed milk and mix until well combined. This should take 10-15 seconds.
- Add the sifted cocoa powder and mix until well combined. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-6 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Turn off the heat, pour the chocolate mixture onto a greased plate, and spread it out. Allow it to cool for 1-2 hours at room temperature.
- Grease a spoon and your hands and scoop out one tablespoon of the chocolate mixture and roll it into a ball. Roll the balls in sprinkles or toppings of your choice and enjoy!