These broccoli cheese stuffed chicken breasts are stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar, and broccoli. A low carb and keto-friendly meal that’s always a hit with both kids and adults!
I absolutely loved this recipe, it took about 30 minutes from start to finish and it was delicious. Packed with flavor and super easy to make, what more can you ask for? I used boneless skinless chicken breasts but feel free to use skin-on bone-in chicken breasts if you prefer. Do keep in mind that bone-in chicken takes longer to cook. Just make sure to cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
How Do I Stuff The Chicken?
You’ll want to start by butterflying the chicken breasts. Place your hand on top of the chicken breast, slice horizontally, and stop about a half-inch from the opposite side. Season the chicken on both sides and then spread the cheese and broccoli mixture on one side of the chicken. Close the chicken breast and use toothpicks if needed.
Can I Use Spinach Instead of Broccoli?
Yes, you may certainly use spinach, diced mushrooms, or sundried tomatoes instead. Add your favorite veggies!
Top Tips For The Ultimate Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Don’t use thinly sliced chicken breasts, you’ll need thick chicken breasts.
- Cook the broccoli in the microwave or blanch it in boiling water before adding it to the cream cheese mixture.
- Season the chicken generously on both sides.
- Cook the chicken in a hot skillet with oil for 3-4 minutes on each side to give it a nice color, then finish cooking it in the oven.
- If you don’t have cheddar cheese on hand, use mozzarella cheese, pepper jack cheese, or any other shredded cheese you have on hand.
If you have any leftovers, place it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2-3 days.
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 cups cooked broccoli finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp scallions
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated garlic divided
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cooked broccoli, 1/2 tsp granulated garlic, scallions, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning.
- To butterfly the chicken, place your hand on top of the chicken breast, slice horizontally, and stop about a half-inch from the opposite side. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, and the spice blend.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the broccoli and cheese mixture on one side of the chicken. Close the chicken breasts and use toothpicks if needed.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side and then place it in the oven and cook for 12 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the toothpicks and enjoy warm!