This was AMAZING. I love love LOVE spicy pasta. The cream cheese makes this super creamy and rich and I enjoyed every single bite. I seasoned the chicken to my liking with lots of yummy spices and the sauce was easy to make and very delicious.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta
I love spicy pasta. The play on spice and heat and cream is unexpected with the chicken. This is like eating the pasta version of a Buffalo chicken wrap. Try it with your family tonight.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 75 minutes
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup colby jack cheese (for topping)
- 1 green onion (for topping)
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Season chicken with granulated garlic, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, the chicken will finish cooking in the sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil. Add the onions and cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and chicken and cook for an additional 20 seconds.
- Add the buffalo sauce, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Cook over medium low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the cooked penne to the skillet and top it off with colby jack cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes and finish it off with green onions