2017 is going to be the year of flavor! Ok it’s been all about flavor since 2012 when I first started my Youtube channel but I just wanted to say something about the new year 🙂 I made these a couple of hours ago and I’m already writing this post because that’s how thrilled I was with these and I couldn’t wait to share the recipe. I don’t like cheese on my beef tacos but I do love extra raw onions, cilantro, guacamole, lime, and hot sauce. If you know me, you know I’m not a fan of raw onions. For this, I make an exception.
Not a fan of cilantro? Skip it. Not a fan of chiles? Hmmm please make an exception? We’re removing most of the seeds and veins so no worries.
This is what dreams are made of!
I like flank meat cooked medium rare but you may cook it to your desired temperature.
Oh it just gets better and better! Chipotle bowl anyone?
No bowls! Tacos for dinner.
- 2 lb flank steak
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 ancho chiles
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- salt to taste
- Remove the stems, seeds, and veins off the ancho chiles, chipotle peppers, and jalapeño peppers.
- Place the ancho chiles in a pot filled with water and boil the chiles for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the ancho chiles out of the water and drain them.
- Place the softened ancho chiles, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, orange juice, lime juice, and vinegar into a processor and blend.
- Season the Flank steak on both sides with kosher salt
- Place the seasoned flank steak in a plastic bag along with the chiles mixture.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably over night.
- Cook the flank steak over high heat for about 7-8 minutes on each side for medium rare
- While the flank steak cooks, grill or deep fry some corn tortillas.
- Chop the flank steak into bite sized pieces, check for seasoning, it's not too late to add more salt if needed.
- Serve tacos with guacamole, raw onions, cilantro, and hot sauce!