2017 is going to be the year of flavor! Ok it’s been all about flavor since 2012 when I first started my Youtube channel but I just wanted to say something about the new year 🙂 I made these a couple of hours ago and I’m already writing this post because that’s how thrilled I was with these and I couldn’t wait to share the recipe. I don’t like cheese on my beef tacos but I do love extra raw onions, cilantro, guacamole, lime, and hot sauce. If you know me, you know I’m not a fan of raw onions. For this, I make an exception.
Not a fan of cilantro? Skip it. Not a fan of chiles? Hmmm please make an exception? We’re removing most of the seeds and veins so no worries.
This is what dreams are made of!
I like flank meat cooked medium rare but you may cook it to your desired temperature.
Oh it just gets better and better! Chipotle bowl anyone?
No bowls! Tacos for dinner.
Homemade marinated and melt in your mouth carne aside
- Prep Time: 130
- Cook Time: 16
- Total Time: 2 hours 26 minutes
- 2 lb flank steak
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 ancho chiles
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- salt to taste
- Remove the stems, seeds, and veins off the ancho chiles, chipotle peppers, and jalapeño peppers.
- Place the ancho chiles in a pot filled with water and boil the chiles for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the ancho chiles out of the water and drain them.
- Place the softened ancho chiles, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, orange juice, lime juice, and vinegar into a processor and blend.
- Season the Flank steak on both sides with kosher salt
- Place the seasoned flank steak in a plastic bag along with the chiles mixture.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably over night.
- Cook the flank steak over high heat for about 7-8 minutes on each side for medium rare
- While the flank steak cooks, grill or deep fry some corn tortillas.
- Chop the flank steak into bite sized pieces, check for seasoning, it’s not too late to add more salt if needed.
- Serve tacos with guacamole, raw onions, cilantro, and hot sauce!