I’ve always been a fan of meatballs and if you’ve watched most of my videos on youtube you’ll notice I have a ton of meatball recipes. The reason why I rather eat homemade meatballs is that I season them perfectly to my liking.
Cheesy Chicken Meatballs
Servings: 4 servings
These cheese-stuffed chicken meatballs are the perfect addition to a pasta dish. Moist and seasoned to perfection, you can't go wrong with this recipe!
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese in cubes
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs for coating
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, place the ground chicken breast and break up the meat with a fork.
- add chopped onions, parsley, minced garlic, 1 slice of bread, 1 egg, milk, garlic powder, chili powder, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Mix together but make sure not to over mix.
- Take about 3 tbsp of the chicken mixture, add a piece of cheese and form into a golf sized chicken meatball.
- Roll the meatball onto some breadcrumbs and coat evenly
- In a skillet warm up some vegetable oil and fry meatballs for about 40 seconds on each side.
- Place meatballs in a baking dish, pour some marinara sauce over the meatballs, sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until chicken meatballs are fully cooked
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 686mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 590IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 252mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @cookedbyjulie or tag #cookedbyjulie!
Leave a Reply