Can you believe that in my 300 published posts I don’t have a single cheesy pasta recipe? I am so kidding. But can you blame me for loving cheesy pasta dishes? I live for cheese, pasta, chocolate, and wine. I’m pretty much a cliche.
This dish is very rich but it’s also loaded with protein 🙂 I love chicken and shrimp mixtures. I love paella. Oh, and I love this chicken and shrimp pasta bake. You can serve this dish with these delicious cheese garlic biscuits or a side salad.
Want some red sauce based pasta? Check out this beefaroni recipe.
Chicken and Shrimp Pasta Bake
I live for cheese, pasta, chocolate, and wine. I’m pretty much a cliche. This dish is very rich but it’s also loaded with protein 🙂 I love chicken and shrimp mixtures. I love paella. Oh and I love love love this chicken and shrimp pasta bake.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 people
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 2 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (for topping)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (for topping)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Season chicken and shrimp with all purpose seasoning, set aside
- Add about 2-3 tbsp of vegetable oil to a skillet and cook the chicken for about 4 mins on each side on medium low heat. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the skillet and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Add more oil to the skillet if needed and cook the shrimp for about 20 seconds on each side or until pink on both sides. Once cooked, remove the shrimp from the skillet.
- Add the heavy cream and cook over medium heat until thick. Once the sauce thickens, add the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the cooked chicken, shrimp, and pasta into the sauce.
- Place the pasta mixture in a casserole, stir in the softened cream cheese, and check for seasoning.
- Add the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top and then bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.