Make these delicious salt/sugar water brined crispy chicken wings! Way better than takeout and super easy to make.
These are the best crispy chicken wings I’ve ever had. They’re so well seasoned they don’t need any sauce or dips. Of course, you may still dip them in bleu cheese but I’m just saying that they’re perfect on its own. Not only are these crispy, they’re also super juicy and in case I forgot to mention, very very well seasoned. I can’t stand a bland little chicken wing. The brine I used consists of water, sugar, salt, and garlic. The salt penetrates into the wing and it’s exactly what we want. We want the entire chicken wing to be seasoned, not just the crust. These are good old-fashioned fried wings, none of that oven stuff.
Look at those little darlings on their way to perfection.
Hello there 🙂
Hot sauce and bleu cheese? Ranch maybe?
Crispy Chicken Wings
These brined, fried and sauced up wings are super crispy and tasty. Way better than restaurant quality wings!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- In a large bowl, combine the water, salt, sugar, and smashed garlic cloves.
- Place the chicken wings in the bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, mix 4 tbsp of the all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp of cornstarch, egg granulated onion, granulated garlic, pepper to taste, and a pinch of salt.
- Pat dry the chicken wings and coat evenly in the flour mixture.
- Once all of the chicken wings are coated in the flour mixture add the remaining all-purpose flour and cornstarch. Let the chicken marinade for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Fry the chicken wings in vegetable oil or peanut oil for about 22-25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve with hot sauce and bleu cheese or ranch dressing.