This is such an easy weeknight meal. You can even prepare the chimichurri butter the night before or even a week in advance if you’d like. I prefer using bone-in chicken for this recipe but feel free to use any kind. I would even serve this chimichurri butter with some steak. It’s so good.
You can’t go wrong with fresh herbs, salt, and butter.
One of my favorite weeknight meals.
Buttery roasted chicken with fresh herbs. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 3 lb bone-in chicken
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 green onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the cilantro, parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper, scallion, garlic, red wine vinegar, lime, butter, salt, and pepper into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Rub the chicken with the butter mixture all over.
- Place the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Rub the chicken with any leftover butter mixture and place the chicken back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!