These aren’t the prettiest cupcakes I’ve made but they sure are one of the yummiest. If you’re a chocoholic and a cheesecake lover then you will devour these. Make sure to have some company over when you make these cause you may eat them all yourself. These were chocolaty but not too chocolaty thanks to the cheesecake filling. I love chocolate more than anything but I’m not a fan of over the top chocolaty if that makes sense. Let me explain, I love warm chocolate cake but it is killer with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I need something to tone down the chocolate just a tad. Give these a try, I’m pretty certain you’ll love them as much as I do.
Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup melted milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, egg, and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the unsalted softened butter, brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract, cooled melted chocolate, sour cream, and eggs.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop the batter evenly into your muffin tin, about 1/4 of the way.
- Add 2 tbsp of the cheesecake mixture, then top with remaining batter and smooth the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until done.
- To make the chocolate ganache, use a double boiler to melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and then stir in the heavy cream.
- Let the chocolate ganache sit until nice and thick.
- Dip the cooled chocolate cheesecake cupcakes in the chocolate ganache and top with raspberries, if desired.