I love crab cakes but I love them even more when served on a warm bun. Yum. Top them off with crispy bacon, lettuce, and tomato, and you have a real winner. These are so easy to prepare and the best part is you can make them ahead of time and keep the crab filling in the fridge for a couple of days.
They’ll even taste better the following day. I recommend serving these on warm fresh potato buns. I promise you’ll love these.
Crab BLT Sliders
Delicious homemade crab cake sliders topped with crispy bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 people 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 of lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp green onions
- 1/4 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- potato rolls
- Warm up some oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the red bell peppers and cook for 3 minutes, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, egg, old bay seasoning, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, lemon juice, green onions, cooked red bell peppers, and parsley.
- Fold in the crab meat gently and then cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Form the crab into patties and then coat it with panko breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Cook the bacon until crisp.
- Fry the crab cakes for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the crab cakes on warm potato slider buns and top it off with crispy bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Enjoy!