These crab stuffed shrimp with sauce is packed with flavor and a delicious restaurant-quality meal! Your friends and family will be super impressed with this dish. This recipe is made with colossal shrimp, real crab meat, and a creamy cajun sauce.
Enjoy this with creamy mashed potatoes or jasmine rice and asparagus for the most amazing dinner.
This is hands down one of the best meals I’ve ever prepared. This is much more economical to enjoy at home because shrimp and crab can be expensive when dining out. All you need is a handful of ingredients and a little bit of patience. You may serve these crab stuffed shrimp with sauce as an appetizer, entree, or a side. Filet mignon with 3-4 of these will take your meal to th next level.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Jumbo Shrimp – butterflied, peeled, and deveined.
- Crab Meat – I highly recommend using real lump crab meat, it makes a huge difference.
- Red Bell Peppers
- Green Bell Peppers
- Ritz Crackers – I’ve used saltine crackers, panko, and seasoned breadcrumbs before and have found that ritz crackers works best.
- Dijon Mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Old Bay Seasoning – do not omit this. It adds so much flavor.
- Lemon Juice
- Heavy Cream
- Cajun Seasoning – store-bought or homemade is fine. You may also omit the cajun seasoning and use old bay instead.
- Paprika – this will give the sauce a nice color.
- Fresh Garlic
- Red Crushed Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
How To Butterfly Shrimp
This is very simple, all you have to do is run your knife along the backside of the shrimp and cut deep without cutting all the way through.
Do I Need To Make The Sauce?
No! You may certainly enjoy the stuffed shrimp without sauce but I highly recommend it. The sauce adds a ton of flavor and makes it extra tastier.
- Do not add any salt to the crab filling, the old bay seasoning has plenty of salt. Plus, you’ll be seasoning the shrimp, sauce, and peppers.
- Use raw shrimp.
- Make sure not to overcook the shrimp.
Storage and Reheating
Let the shrimp cool completely and then place it in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To reheat, place it in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for a couple of minutes or until warmed through. Although I highly recommend enjoy these the same day for best results.
If you enjoyed these mouthwatering crab stuffed shrimp with sauce then you will also enjoy these creamy garlic shrimp. This creamy shrimp alfredo is another reader favorite! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp with Sauce
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- 1 lb crab real crab meat
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers finely diced
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers finely diced
- 8 ritz crackers crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add some oil to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the green and red bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper lightly.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayo, Worcestershire sauce, old bay seasoning, egg, lemon juice, cooked peppers, and crushed Ritz crackers. Mix well.
- Fold in the crab and set aside.
- Place the butterflied shrimp in an oven-safe dish with the tails facing up. Season with salt and pepper. Add about 1 tbsp of the crab mixture to each shrimp.
- Brush the stuffed shrimp with melted butter and bake for 15 minutes or until the shrimp are completely pink. Broil for 1-2 minutes for some extra color.
- While the shrimp cook, prepare the cream sauce. To make the cream sauce, add 1 tbsp of butter to a skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and red crushed pepper, cook for 20 seconds. Add the heavy cream, cajun seasoning, and paprika. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream sauce over the stuffed shrimp and enjoy! Garnish with extra lemon wedges and fresh parsley, if desired.