I love shrimp scampi but lets face it, it can be bland if not made properly. I’m not really a fan of spaghetti sauces made with chicken stock so that can be a problem when making scampi. It just means I have to use a lot of lemon juice, butter, and white wine. Perfectly fine with me. However, if you don’t enjoy white wine or prefer to cook without alcohol you will love this recipe. It’s very creamy and lemony. Doesn’t require white wine nor chicken stock.
I can’t get over how delicious and creamy this was
Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
Servings: 4 servings
This zesty lemon shrimp pasta is perfect for an at-home date night recipe. Perfectly seasoned shrimp with a creamy cheese sauce and tangy lemon over a bed of delicious pasta.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- pinch of chili powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp capers
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of red chili flakes
- Season shrimp with granulated garlic, granulated onion, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet with some olive oil over medium high heat
- Once it warms up add the seasoned shrimp and cook on each side for about 40 seconds.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add butter and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Once the garlic and butter turn fragrant add the lemon zest, lemon juice, red chili flakes, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. Cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Stir in the cooked shrimp, capers, and cooked spaghetti
- Top with parsley, extra parmesan cheese, and lemon wedges
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 358mg | Sodium: 1043mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 19.7mg | Calcium: 293mg | Iron: 3.5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @cookedbyjulie or tag #cookedbyjulie!
Leave a Reply