If you make this mushroom fettuccine Alfredo recipe you will never order fettuccine Alfredo at a restaurant ever again. If you love creamy pasta recipes and mushrooms as much as I do well then you’re in for a real treat.
I caramelized the mushrooms and then simmered them in the Parmesan Alfredo sauce and it was perfection. I could’ve eaten the sauce on its own. The green onions definitely add a nice touch of freshness. This is a perfect date night dinner!
Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
Creamy and delicious mushroom fettuccine alfredo made from scratch.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 lb fettuccine
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes optional
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle a skillet with some olive oil and some butter.
- Once it warms up add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the white wine and let it reduce by half.
- Stir in the thyme.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Once it’s thickened to your liking, season with salt and pepper and add in the cooked mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms have warmed up again, Add your cooked fettuccine and green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4 servings