Crispy chicken sandwiches are my weakness. I’m also very picky. I only like chicken sandwiches if it’s made with white meat. It also has to be crispy, seasoned, and served on a soft warm buttered roll. I also love bacon, tomato, and any type of white cheese. For some reason I don’t like yellow cheese on my chicken sandwiches. I’m weird. These are super flavorful, crispy, and juicy, so give them a try.
Crispy Chicken Sandwich
A super crispy and moist chicken sandwich that’s completed with bacon. Cheese and mayo optional.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove any excess fat from the boneless chicken breasts
- Whisk granulated garlic, granulated onion, oregano, paprika, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and 3/4 of the spice mixture.
- Place seasoned chicken in a large bowl and add the butter milk, set aside.
- While the chicken marinades in the buttermilk and spices, whisk the all purpose flour with the remaining 1/4 spices, salt, pepper, baking soda, and 2 tbsp of the seasoned buttermilk.
- Dredge the chicken in flour mixture and shake off any excess flour.
- Fry chicken in vegetable oil for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked through at a steady temperature of 310-325 degrees
- Remove chicken from the skillet and place on a rack, allowing excess oil to drip.
I served the fried chicken breasts on buttered grilled buns with mayo, fried bacon, pepper jack cheese, and tomato.