There was nothing worse than stuffed bell peppers when I was growing up. I hated vegetables and this was basically an entire vegetable for dinner. Once I became an adult I sorta just grew into them. I started eating them when I realized that I couldn’t eat pasta and pizza every day for dinner. Bummer I know. This is a perfect weeknight meal. Super easy. You can also omit the rice if you’re watching your carb intake.
The bell peppers are stuffed with a delicious Cuban picadillo filling and some cooked rice. What makes Cuban picadillo special? I would say the seasoning, raisins, and olives. Absolutely delicious.
Cuban Stuffed Peppers
1 hr 5 mins
Bell peppers stuffed with a unique Cuban beef filling and rice. Just like grandma used to make it. Lots of seasoning and love poured into this recipe.
Course: Main Dish
Keyword: ajies rellenos, cuban stuffed peppers, easy stuffed peppers
Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 305 kcal
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ packet of sazon optional
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup vino seco dry white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp Spanish olives
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- In a skillet with some oil cook ground beef for about 10 minutes or until browned completely, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, bay leaves, sazon (optional), season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vino Seco (dry white wine) tomato paste, tomato sauce, and some water; cover slightly and let it cook for about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the raisins and olives and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cooked rice.
- Stuff peppers with rice and beef mixture and pour some salsa over the peppers.
- Place in the oven for an additional 25 minutes and Enjoy.
Cuban Stuffed Peppers
Amount Per Serving
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g25%
Vitamin A 3900IU78%
Vitamin C 156.8mg190%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.