Flan is one of the most simple desserts to make. It may look a bit intimidating but it’s so easy to make. I dislike giggly flan with a strong taste of egg. That’s why I normally make flavored ones like this one, coconut, pumpkin, etc. If I’m making plain, I always add cream cheese.
If you like guava you will certainly enjoy this. It’s one of my favorite desserts. Perfect for the holidays. Your family will devour this.
Flan de Guayaba
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz guava
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan and cook it over medium heat for about 15 mins until it turns into a brown color, be careful not to burn it.
- Place the caramel into your baking dish
- Crack 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks into a bowl
- Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, eggs, cream cheese, guava, and vanilla extract into the blender and then place the blended mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in a bigger baking dish and add some boiling water to create a water bath this will help the flan cook evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.