Flan is one of the most simple desserts to make. It may look a bit intimidating but it’s so easy to make. I dislike giggly flan with a strong taste of egg. That’s why I normally make flavored ones like this one, coconut, pumpkin, etc. If I’m making plain, I always add cream cheese.
If you like guava you will certainly enjoy this. It’s one of my favorite desserts. Perfect for the holidays. Your family will devour this.
Flan is a staple in most Latin cuisines. Check out this take that uses guava as an unexpected flavor component to balance out the eggs. You're going to love this creamy guava flan.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz guava
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan and cook it over medium heat for about 15 mins until it turns into a brown color, be careful not to burn it.
- Place the caramel into your baking dish
- Crack 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks into a bowl
- Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, eggs, cream cheese, guava, and vanilla extract into the blender and then place the blended mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in a bigger baking dish and add some boiling water to create a water bath this will help the flan cook evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.