My aunt Miriam makes the best flan ever! I remember calling her the night before every Christmas and Thanksgiving and “reminding” her about the flan. She would make one for the get together and occasionally an extra one for me to bring home, because she knew how much I loved it. I asked her for this recipe along with her coquito recipe, because like flan, she makes a killer coquito. This is her recipe and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.Print
eThis traditional flan recipe is the perfect dessert. Make with vanilla mean, sweet condensed milk, and eggs, you can’t go wrong when you serve this treat at dessert time.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 75 minutes
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan and cook it over medium heat for about 15 mins until it turns into a brown color, be careful not to burn it.
- Place the caramel into your baking dish
- Crack 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks into a bowl
- Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla extract inside the blender and blend it up then place it into the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in a bigger baking dish and add some boiling water to create a water bath this will help the flan cook evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.