I make no apologies for using the same cheesecake base recipe over and over. This cheesecake base is the most decadent, rich, and most delicious cheesecake ever. Adding sprinkles to my favorite cheesecake recipe and calling it “funfetti” cheesecake was the perfect excuse for making it again. I baked 3 plain cheesecakes for Christmas so I thought I was cheesecaked out. I wasn’t.
Like I mention in the video, I think it’s all about the quality of the cream cheese. If you use good quality softened cream cheese and bake it how I suggest, you will have a delicious well-baked cheesecake. I don’t care if you add rainbow sprinkles or chopped drained pineapples ( my absolute fave) this base recipe is honestly the best.
No Cracks and OH SO Creaaaamy
This is a fun colorful recipe that's so easy to make. Add some rainbow sprinkles for pops of color and sugar to make this a real celebration worthy cheesecake.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Wrap an 8-inch springform pan with aluminum foil, Set aside.
- Add melted butter to the graham cookie crumbs and press onto the bottom of an 8-in. spring form pan, Set aside.
- For filling, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated, do not overmix. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- To prepare the water bath, place the 8-inch springform pan into a larger baking dish and pour in some boiling water, about 1 inch of water.
- Place the cheesecake in the prepared water bath in the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes.
- Ten minutes later reduce the heat to 300 F and let it bake for an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let it sit in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Open the oven doors slightly and let it sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from water bath and run a knife along the sides
- Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature for about 1 hour and then place it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Decorate it with extra sprinkles and enjoy!