I always prefer thick and creamy sauces like this creamy garlic sauce. This garlic shrimp fettuccine contains garlic chips that I finely chopped and when you bite into them they’re crunchy and garlicky. So good! This recipe also contains cream, mushrooms, asparagus, cheese, white wine, shrimp, and butter. How can you go wrong? It’s rich, delicious, and won’t disappoint.
Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Servings: 4 servings
If you like rich creamy sauces for your pasta as opposed to a vegetable or meat based dish, this recipe is for you. With tons of cream, butter and garlic, this plays with the sweetness of the shrimp.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb fettuccine
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup asparagus
- 3/4 cup mushrooms
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes optional
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle a skillet with some olive oil and some butter.
- Once it warms up add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook on each side for about 40 seconds.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the asparagus and mushrooms to the skillet, season with salt, pepper, chili flakes and fresh dill. Cook for about 4 minutes then add some white wine and let it reduce by half.
- Add the garlic slices and sauté for about about 40 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Once it's thickened to your liking, season with salt and pepper and add in the cooked shrimp.
- Once the shrimp have warmed up again, Add in your cooked fettuccine and Enjoy!
Calories: 636kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 431mg | Sodium: 1144mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1305IU | Vitamin C: 8.5mg | Calcium: 381mg | Iron: 4.2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @cookedbyjulie or tag #cookedbyjulie!
Leave a Reply