When I was a child you couldn’t pay me to eat a corn muffin or any type of muffin for that matter. All I wanted was cupcakes and lollipops. When I got older I tried a corn muffin that was served along with some Honey Hickory Ribs and some good ol mac and cheese. Taste Buds did back flips, fireworks went off, all that kind of stuff. I learned how to make them immediately and ever since then I’ve been adding jalapeno peppers, ham and cheese, and chives. The great thing about these corn muffins is that you can serve them with dinner, take them on a picnic, have them for breakfast, you name it. The cornmeal gives it a nice bite and the buttermilk and melted butter give them moisture. These were perfect.Print
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup ham
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk the all-purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and sugar.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the Ham and Cheese, scoop these into a greased mini muffin pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
If you want to make large muffins double the cooking time and bake them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees