Honey mustard chicken is one of those meals that a toddler can prepare. Ok maybe not a toddler but this is very simple. You season the chicken to your liking, mix some honey and mustard and bam! Done. Finito. Who doesn’t enjoy those type of recipes? I sure do. Especially Monday evenings.
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1 lb bone in chicken
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp spicy mustard
- 2 tbsp grain mustard
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp Honey
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with granulated garlic, smoked paprika, granulated onion, salt, and pepper, set aside.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken for about 6 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden.
- In a small bowl, combine the spicy mustard, grain mustard, and honey.
- Brush the chicken with 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture.
- Bake chicken for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small skillet, melt some butter over medium heat. Stir in the fresh garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the remaining honey mustard mixture, heavy cream, and milk.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on a platter and spoon over the honey mustard sauce and enjoy.