Honey mustard chicken is one of those meals that a toddler can prepare. Ok maybe not a toddler but this is very simple. You season the chicken to your liking, mix some honey and mustard and bam! Done. Finito. Who doesn’t enjoy those type of recipes? I sure do. Especially Monday evenings.
Honey Mustard Chicken
Honey Mustard Chicken is one of those simple recipes that anyone can prepare. Sweet and slightly spicy, you’ll want to make this chicken all the time!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb bone in chicken
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp spicy mustard
- 2 tbsp grain mustard
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp Honey
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with granulated garlic, smoked paprika, granulated onion, salt, and pepper, set aside.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken for about 6 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden.
- In a small bowl, combine the spicy mustard, grain mustard, and honey.
- Brush the chicken with 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture.
- Bake chicken for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small skillet, melt some butter over medium heat. Stir in the fresh garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the remaining honey mustard mixture, heavy cream, and milk.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on a platter and spoon over the honey mustard sauce and enjoy.