A flavorful and hearty instant pot chicken noodle soup recipe that the entire family will love and appreciate!
Who doesn’t crave a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup when the temperature starts dropping? Although cold weather isn’t required to make this chicken noodle soup, nothing beats a bowl of chicken soup on a cold snowy day.
What I love most about this instant pot chicken noodle soup recipe is the fact that it’s done in under an hour. You basically throw everything into a pot and voila. I kept the recipe simple, but feel free to throw in as many vegetables as you’d like.
You can use an entire chicken if you’d like but I think 2-3 lbs is the perfect amount. The best thing to serve this chicken soup with is some fresh lemon and hot sauce!
Nothing better than chicken noodle soup with a little kick to it.
You may add some chili powder or red crushed pepper if you don’t like hot sauce but who doesn’t like hot sauce?! Did I mention that this makes fabulous leftovers?
Can you make this chicken noodle soup without an instant pot?
Absolutely! You will just have to adjust the cooking time.
Should I use white or dark meat?
I highly suggest using bone-in chicken thighs and legs for this soup.
Can I omit the noodles and load it with vegetables instead?
What can I serve this chicken noodle soup with?
lemon, lime, salt crackers, bread, etc.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs and legs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp granulated onion
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 cup egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the saute function on your instant pot.
- Add some oil and cook the onions, celery, and carrots for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, granulated onion, granulated garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, chicken stock, water, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Close the lid and press the soup function.
- Once finished, allow the instant pot to release the steam completely before opening the lid.
- Carefully open the lid and press the saute function.
- Add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes or until the noodles are fully cooked through.
- Check for seasoning and enjoy!
Leave a Reply