I have to mention that this is definitely one of my favorite summer side dishes. I like my macaroni salad loaded with eggs and tuna, it’s how my mom always made it. This macaroni salad along with some grilled steak is one of my many summer guilty pleasures.
You can also add some chives if you’d like, I didn’t for this recipe but I usually do if I have it on hand. Whatever you do, serve this with some grilled steak. Preferably Argentinian style Churrasco with Chimichurri.
Macaroni Tuna Salad
Servings: 6 servings
This delicious summer side salad is perfect for backyard parties and light lunches.
- l lb macaroni
- 5 boiled eggs
- 1 5 oz can tuna
- 1/2 shallot finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dijon whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook according to packaging instructions, rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl combine the boiled eggs, tuna, shallots, mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, chili powder, and salt and pepper.
- Add the macaroni to the mixture and mix until well incorporated
- Add the peas, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle some smoked paprika on top, and enjoy!
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 139mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1.2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @cookedbyjulie or tag #cookedbyjulie!
I am going to give this recipe a try! but I was wondering what you do for the boil eggs… do you dice them then combine? or.. cut them in half?
Thanks in advance and keep cooking !
I diced the eggs and folded them in, you may cut one in slices for garnishing the top